Broadband and Business
Most businesses are now signed up to broadband, meaning that life in the workplace is much more efficient. Broadband lines and connections are used for email, the internet and online banking in business, as well as marketing. Businesses in todays generation rely on broadband heavily in most lines of work and sectors.
Benefits of Faster Broadband
From large corporations to the smaller businesses, faster broadband has the following benefits:-
- Faster speeds – a 1MB service can send and receive data 20 times faster than dial-up connections. Therefore, making business more effective and efficient.
- Programmes such as Skype are free when using broadband, meaning you can hold business meeting via the internet. Saving costs and time in terms of travelling.
- Large amounts of data can be sent and received from your PC at a fast rate. Meaning it’s much easier to send documents via email such as presentations, spreadsheets, tenders (including digital drawings), graphics, photographs, reports etc.
- The internet is always on meaning that you don’t have to worry about logging on every time you want to browse the web.
- Telephone lines are not affected meaning you can still make calls.
- When you visit a website, images and graphics load up immediately.
- Files can be downloaded and uploaded much easier on websites.
- Emails can be sent and received much quicker – most beneficial for companies who send large data files (design companies or gaming).
- With a lot of businesses now allowing staff to work remotely or from home on their laptops or smartphone, faster broadband means that working at home is much more accessible.
- Businesses will be able to offer more flexible working, allowing parents to work from home to tie in with child care and other work/life commitments.
- Cloud Computing is the next big thing for businesses – storage can be accessed from anywhere as long as there is an internet connection.
- Telephony bills can be reduced substantially using the ‘Voice Over Internet Protocol’ system, eg, Skype and Facetime.
- Social Media sites such as Twitter and Facebook can provide a huge platform for marketing and having speedier broadband means uploading marketing material such as images and even videos can be done efficiently.
In conclusion, today's broadband speeds can bring maximum benefits to your business, enabling your company to become more efficient and become up-to-speed with today's technology.