Introducing Holden Associates – Qualified Accountants, Business & Tax Advisers
Holden Associates is a family run firm of award winning professionally qualified accountants, who also provide specialist taxation and trust advice. They are Face for Business’ neighbours, and have recently joined our Management Team as our business advisers.
What makes Holden Associates different from other accountants? Well, they approach each task for each client with an ‘unparalled level of personal attention’ and according to a recent article on the … website, personal attention and relationships with their accountants is what people are looking for.
Benefits to using Holden Associations:
- Fixed fees – no surprise bills
- Sole Traders
- Limited Companies
- Tax Returns
- Trusts and Estates
- Regular contact throughout the year
- Up to date use of technology
- Cloud Accounting software experts
- Desktop accounting - offering help and support
- Bookkeeping options
- Auto Enrolment for Workplace Pensions
- Payroll Bureau
- Wealth Planning
- Business Strategy and Budgeting
- Insurance against HMRC investigations
Holden Associates are always on hand to offer their clients ‘jargon free advice’ and support, in whichever way you would like it.
Top Tips for SME’s & Start-ups
As part of Face for Business’ ongoing commitment to provide advice and guidance for SME’s and start-ups, we’ve asked Jason, Managing Director of Holden Associates, to share his Top Five Tips for people starting out. We hope you find Jason’ advice useful and informative, in taking your next steps…
- Choose the right accountant to partner with, that’s right, it should be a partnership, ask if they are qualified, experienced and carry professional indemnity (for your protection not theirs).
- Choose your status carefully, sole trader, limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership, each have pro’s and con’s. Your accountant should explain each one in turn.
- Ensure you have a website that gives a clear message about what you and your business do and how you do it better than the competition, don’t be afraid to blow your own trumpet, if you don’t, no one else will. Make sure you claim your google place for business , it will drive local traffic to you.
- If you are starting out while keeping a 9-5 job then make sure you use an office address as it always looks better than your home address, use an outsourced telephone answering service, like Face for Business, to answer your calls professionally in your company name and relay any messages to you. Consider using ‘virtual assistants’ in conjunction with an office address and phone answering service too.
- And always over deliver, if you say you will do something then do it, but do it sooner than you promised!
- Finally, yes I know we said 5 tips, but this isn’t a tip its more of a note to remember, ‘Enjoy what you do!’.