Partnerships – A Definition
- The state of being a partner or partners. “We should go on working together in partnership“
- An association of two or more people as partners.
What do we mean when we say ‘making partnerships’? Well, partnerships can be interpreted in a number of ways for a number of reasons and a multitude of benefits.
You can create partnerships to gain mentoring advice from a specialist in their field. Partnerships can be made to complement each other’s work.
Examples of collaborative partnerships.
- Partnerships can work for the large corporate companies. Look at this article by The Guardian on the collaboration between Marks & Spencer and Oxfam. This works well for these two companies.
- Art galleries can create and develop partnerships. Two different art galleries may display works of art by the same painter. By creating an exhibition which displays the artist’s work, each art gallery has a shared aim – of attracting new visitors to their venue.
- A web designer may partner up with a web hosting service provider and a copywriter, merging the three services together to provide an end product.
Support service businesses can make partnerships by combining their product offerings to formulate an end to end service. For example, a Virtual Assistant may offer full administrative support, which can be offered by outsourcing certain tasks such as call handling.
A virtual assistant can have a directory that consists of the following services:-
- Telephone answering service
- Virtual mailbox
- Social media services
- Business cards and leaflets
- Logo design
- Website design
- Website hosting
We at Face for Business has a number of working partnerships:-
- Partnership with Driving Schools, offering them an online diary management.
- Partnership with software developers.
- Partnership with SEO providers.
- Partnership with a marketing agency.
- Partnerships with a social media provider and virtual mailbox business.
In summary, collaborative partnerships can be a useful way of gaining expert knowledge and advice. When such partnerships are established, creatively they can be an excellent way to raise your profile as a business and can open up a whole host of opportunities and business expertise!