Use the Small Business Finder and get found!
We’re less than a month away from this year’s Small Business Saturday UK event, so we thought we would share six tips to get you on board with the annual campaign! This year we would like to see as many of our local business neighbours and peers to register their small business on the Small Business Finder, which is an online directory.
If you want your local community to support you, the best way you can let them know is to register on the directory and then encourage them to ‘support small’ by using the Small Business Saturday UK website to find local suppliers and services. You can spread the word via your social media channels and by displaying the Small Business Saturday UK logo on your profiles and in your shop windows, where you can.
Here’s six suggested steps that you can take to be involved:-
1. Register your business at www.smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com and create a searchable profile. You can do this here.
2. Download the new free app that helps customers find you. You can also use it to change your details, update and remove offers, add events and find out about campaign news as it happens. Click here to sign up to the SBSUK newsletter to keep abreast of developments
3. Download the marketing pack together with logos which will help you let clients, old and new, know you are part of the day and how they can support you.
4. Look out for the ‘Inspire Series’ of free talks and workshops which will be live-streamed and available post-event on the YouTube Channel so everyone can tap into this invaluable, self-development resource.
5. Join the bus tour – see the website for a full list of dates and locations – go along to meet other small businesses to network and see how they’re using the campaign to help them in their business.
6. To get the word out even wider, use the hashtag #SmallBizSatUK on your social media platforms and also blog about what you are doing. Tag the organisers in on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook so they can give you a small business shout out to their followers.
Good luck with your quest!
Small Business Saturday UK is a grassroots, non-commercial campaign, which showcases small business success and encourages people to ‘shop local’ and support small businesses within their communities. The event happens on the first Saturday in December each year, but businesses are encouraged to keep the campaign in mind all year long in the hope that shopping local is improved year on year.
Sara Parker, Small Business Saturday UK ‘Champion’ for West Lancashire.