Small Business Campaign
Face For Business was extremely pleased with the opportunities and exposure that being part of Small Business Saturday UK brought us. From the outset we were excited to be a part of this campaign, as it focuses on small businesses, which is what we are. Having been ‘live’ since June of this year, Face For Business has been gradually increasing its client base.
Face for Business Involvement
We believe that the exposure Small Business Saturday UK has brought us will help establish brand awareness both within our region and nationally, and we look forward to following up leads in the New Year.
In summary our involvement was as follows:-
- We signed up to Small Business Saturday after following Ingenious Britain on Linked In.
- After reviewing the information and discovering the Small Business Saturday event on 7 December, Face For Business signed up for the initiative.
- We were profiled as business No.56 on 24 October 2013, and featured on the Small Business Saturday social media platforms. For the event, we circulated guidelines on ‘dial through fraud’ to appraise small businesses on how to avoid falling into this trap.
- We submitted an article to Ingenious Britain titled ‘Our Journey So Far’ where we were able to tell our story as a small and new business with the hope of providing inspiration to other small business or people thinking of starting a business.
- We supported the Small Business Saturday Bus Tour and were present at the Manchester stop on 25th November 2013. We networked with other small businesses at the event and shared and listened to experiences.
- We were lucky enough to be invited to Downing Street along with other small businesses and heard the Minister for Business and Skills speak as well as Sajid Javid, who is the Financial Secretary to the Treasury. Being at the event inspired us to continue with the promotion of small businesses and we are going to look into forming a stakeholder group next year, where we hope to raise awareness of the SME’s in our area/region.
- We have been featured in several of our local newspapers, both online and in printed publications, which is helping to raise our profile. And we were interviewed by Mike Swift from local radio station Coast 1079.
All in all, Face For Business obtained a wealth of information and contacts, and the media exposure for our company, locally was very supportive.
Please see the links to our media coverage:-